GM Foods Assigment on GM Tomatoes- By Humera Z. Ansari

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Confusion Confusion Confusion

First of all, I finally figured out how to put the collage of GM FOODS I made underneath my title.HIP HIP HOORAY! I did know how to do last July for my summer school blog but I forgot how to do it. Who remembers all this small details? not me.
Anyways...

I have researched partially upon my topic, and I think that I am going to do Golden Rice.
First I thought, what a "lame" thing to name a rice golden, but when I actually goggled ( website for researching stuff, who does not go on it? Other than the teachers) it. It seems to be quite interesting.
However, I AM SO CONFUSED.

The whole way of actually inserting genes is not hard to find... BUT, I also came across the social issues regarding this topic.
There's two views to this topic, one view is obviously WITH the use of Golden Rice and the other view is AGAINST it.
Awesome! isn't it? Nothing ever seems to be easy. So, I researched even more and saw that this topic is quite debatable.
My role can either be, consumer rights group BUT then I have support this whole topic.
OR
If I become, environmentalist group, I am AGAINST it.
BUT again,
I would like to do both the aspects of it...so whose role can I really take?
Member of Parliament, yeah sure, VOTE FOR GOLDEN RICE campaign. No, won't do.
Well, how about a nutrionist OR a doctor?
I am confused.
I might need to talk to Mr. Vink (my biology teacher & the inventor of this assignment) about this... and see if there is any role that can do both the views to a specific audience.

Great!
I think I have a plan or I hope I do.

Till then ADIOS Science geeks!


- The EnviroGirl


WOW.talk about the lack of humanity the farmer has.

No comments:

Post a Comment