GM Foods Assigment on GM Tomatoes- By Humera Z. Ansari

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Change of topic

I have decided to change my topic.
Why?

That's because I felt my old topic- Golden Rice was not as interesting as I further researched. There's a lot of social/ethical issues that I can talk about. However,it does not seem to be as much as interesting- in the biological prespective.
+ I'm having a hard time choosing my role (as my last blog post was about)
+ I chickened (yes, that's a word) out from asking Mr. Vink about it.

Right now in Biology, we are doing the whole topic of molecular genes. I wanted to relate and find similar information much on it, but I was not attracting me towards the information provided.
I also read on Wikipedia that they came up with Golden Rice 2, since the last one they modified did not contain enough vitamins in a daily diet requirement. This puzzled me even more.I do not want to dig myself a grave by doing a hard topic that has sequels to it.

So,
As I was researching for Golden Rice, I came across a website that also talked about genetically modified tomatoes. So, I might as well do that right?
Some pictures of GM Tomatoes look amazingly GROSS.

Also, I found that they modified a tomato into a " purple tomato" Purple Tomato that could help for cancer.PURjnjsdajsj
Pretty interesting eh?
I might have to research more on it, and post it later on in my blog.

YAY! here comes Tomao...he'shappy! since I'm going to be talking about his family of tomatoes.

OH and look

Did anyone of you see this movie? It's called Attack of the killer tomatoes, released in 1978. The movie was "about a high-level government experiment gone terribly awry when a group of giant, mutated tomatoes roll through suburbia on a spree of mayhem and murder."The irony is that 14 years after, Flavr Savr was created. (which I'll talk about in details in my next blog)

Until next time,

The EnviroGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment