GM Foods Assigment on GM Tomatoes- By Humera Z. Ansari

Friday, February 25, 2011

Abstract & Religious Views

This blog post is very abstract, but I think it relates to GM Foods. I know you geeks would think, how does this relate, but I think it somehow does.

Okay so,
My friend got into a car accident in Mississauga yesterday. He had to get stitches on his head, it wasn't severe. I went to visit him and he was telling me about how he didn't realize that his life was so important to him until this accident. He took life for granted, he was saying that he really wants to thank God for teaching him about the importance of life through this accident.
Suddenly as I was listening to him, I said to him "BIOLOGY ASSIGNMENT!"(and yes this assignment is stressing me out since it's a weight of 5!!). He gave me the "Are you okay?" expression. Nonetheless, he gave me an idea! The idea about God who is the creator of a thing called "life".

Do you get where I'm going now, I'm relating this incident of my friend to God and the importance of life and living things.
You never realize how precious ones life is until you actually experience it yourself. We must thank God for everything, especially for the life we are living. He has created all this for us. HE HAS CREATED LIFE.We must accept it and live our life normally NOT genetically modify them! We are not God!! Remember that. Nor will we ever be.
tomato chiatomato chia

As I was discussing this project with my mom, she said she knows this biblical quote, that would convey this though even more clearer. -
“Ye shall keep my statutes...Thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed.” (Leviticus- Chapter 19, Verse 19)
It's not directly telling us not to modify food genetically but is rather sending the message out indirectly. Scientists and Geneticists are trying to be God in a way through Genetic Engineering. Don't you think so?
I thought that the biblical quote must be on the internet too. So, I researched upon it and found a good website.
The website actually expanded on the quote, it said: "Let me assure you that when DNA genes are taken from one organism and inserted into another, it too is a defilement of the land
and a violation of God’s law! Furthermore, when we eat foods grown in violation of God’s law, they become a defilement to our ––bodies whether we know it or not. Who, other than Satan, would want to defile and corrupt every aspect of God’s earth and in the process defile and corrupt every person’s body?" I think that Monsanto and other companies, WOULD get some sense in them by reading the Bible.
Of course, not everyone is Christian. But, I'm pretty sure other religions would also see this whole issue in the similar aspect. Hence, my point from this blog is to BE NORMAL. DON'T TRY TO BE "GOD". APPRECIATE LIFE AND GOD.
(that reminds me of my schools motto- Act justly, love tenderly and walk humbly with our GOD!)
tomato chia Tomao totally agrees.


Goodbye for today Science Geeks,
Tommorrow, I'll post the blog that I'm currently working on which is about more tomatoes that have been genetically modified since Flavr Savr.

Humera Zonash.A
____________________________________________

OH and LOOK WHAT I FOUND... on the lovely company that everyone is so fascinated about. Don't we all love Monsanto?


"Monsato Claus"


1 comment:

  1. Why are everyone looking for ways online to get help solving their pregnancy and infertility problems when most of every native American is talking online about the help of Dr Mandaker Alamun. I checked him out when my husband who could not get me pregnant for over 9 years of marriage as a result of low sperm count became fertile and now, I am 5 months pregnant and it is this man known as Dr Mandaker who helped my husband solve his problem. My name is Alecia Maldonado from CA USA. I would advise anyone and everyone who needs the help of any spell caster in love marriage,finance, job promotion,lottery spell,poker spell,golf spell,Law & Court case Spells,money spell,weigh loss spell,diabetic spell,hypertensive spell,high cholesterol spell,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need spiritual marriage separation),good Luck, Money Spells,he also heal HIV and AID and it's all he does or looking for breakthrough in your political career to meet this Dr Mandaker the link to his website copy this link (witch-doctor.page4.me)His email contact witchhealing@outlook.com for He is a Reliable and trustworthy. I and my husband have gone to different hospitals having the thinking that I was at fault for not getting pregnant. But at the Federal hospital, they examined him too and his sperm count was low and unable to get a woman pregnant as a result of male infertility. It was then I sort out,thanks to Dr Mandaker.

    ReplyDelete